Jasper isn’t the only player in the AI writing software market. And there are certainly more to come. So how do you pick a reliable tool out of that variety and make sure it’s worth the money?
We’ve reviewed some of the best alternatives for Jasper AI to help you make an informed decision. After reading this, you’ll know what software to use to write natural-sounding and effective SEO-friendly content in minutes.
Here are the Jasper AI alternatives that we’ve examined and selected to cover in this article:
Let’s start with the biggest player on the market. ChatGPT is an artificial intelligence language model that can be used for a variety of things, including content generation. Just like Jasper AI, it can be used in chat mode — you can ask the system any question, and it’ll give you a coherent, detailed answer.
ChatGPT remembers your previous conversations and gets better at replying as it learns more about your intent. You can somewhat control the output by changing the way you phrase your prompt or by adding specific requests to it, like asking ChatGPT to write a certain volume of text.
Here are some ways in which ChatGPT can replace Jasper AI:
- Ideation and research. Don’t know where to start? Ask ChatGPT to suggest the most trending topics for your niche.
- Structuring. ChatGPT can help you build your outline and write down the key points for your blog post or essay.
- Writing process. Although ChatGPT won’t generate an engaging long-form article from scratch, it can help write individual sections and paragraphs.
- Fact-checking. You aren’t a subject-matter expert, but you want to make sure everything you publish is correct. Ask ChatGPT to explain some technicalities to you.
- Rewriting. ChatGPT can help you phrase something in a different way or suggest multiple versions of the same paragraph while avoiding plagiarism.
At the time of writing, ChatGPT 4.0 hasn’t been released yet. The new version is expected to be omnipotent in terms of content creation — it’ll be able to generate images and videos. This announcement puts ChatGPT in a better position since Jasper AI’s visual capabilities are pretty limited.
ChatGPT can be used for free, but it often experiences downtime. To avoid that, you can switch to ChatGPT Plus for $20 a month. Be aware that ChatGPT has limited knowledge of global events after 2021 and may occasionally produce biased or incorrect information.
Copy.ai is a dedicated AI-powered copywriting tool for creating high-quality content. It offers functionality similar to that of Jasper AI, except it’s more budget-friendly and has less aggressive marketing. Just like Jasper, Copy.ai supports 25+ languages. Unlike ChatGPT, it delivers the most up-to-date content by pulling from dynamic public URLs.
The platform offers a familiar chat-based interface paired with a built-in drag-and-drop text editor, which makes content creation a breeze. You can even choose how your pieces should sound.
You can optimize your workflow even more by using prebuilt prompts and SEO tools such as keyword suggestions. As if that wasn’t enough, Copy.ai can also pull data from YouTube videos and summarize them.
Copy.ai has four popular use cases:
- For marketing teams. Create personalized sales pitches, product descriptions, and SEO-focused content at scale and perfect your outreach strategy with the help of AI.
- For sales outreach and email marketers. Generate relatable, converting, and natural-looking email copy in seconds. Leverage Copy.ai’s 90+ tools and templates to maximize your creative output.
- For bloggers and business owners. Produce phenomenal long-form blog posts, listicles, and how-tos with less effort by telling Copy.ai what your piece should be about, what tone to use, and what keywords to include. The AI will do the rest.
- For social media managers. Write witty captions, scripts, and posts for Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Facebook to get more engagement and attention.
Some Copy.ai users point out that the tool sometimes delivers slightly plagiarized or simply random text, but none AI-driven software is fully immune to that.
Copy.ai offers a limited free trial. The cheapest full-featured plan costs $49 a month. You can save 25% by paying annually.
Frase is an all-in-one suite of tools for SEO writing and content analysis. It dramatically improved in recent years, turning from a humble assistant into a real content powerhouse. It can help you discover relevant keywords and stats to help you craft more discoverable and factual content. Frase is also great for competitor analysis. With it, you can quickly build your outline or draft based on SERP.
However, the main jewel in Frase’s crown is its AI writing assistant.
For this article, let’s focus on the AI-writing part exclusively. Here’s what Frase can do:
- Write catchy introductions for long-form content
- Create outlines, content briefs, and quick drafts from scratch
- Generate a wide range of fresh title ideas
- Create bulleted lists
- Give dictionary-style definitions
- Rewrite or shorten the existing text
- Generate product descriptions and feature lists
- Provide short answers to niche questions
- Come up with taglines and value propositions
- Generate YouTube video ideas
The best part is, that you can create your own AI tools for Frase or use community-generated templates. Keep in mind that Frase, just like Jasper AI, is created specifically for marketers and salespeople — it may not be the best fit if you’re writing highly creative or conversational texts.
Prices start at $14.99 a month for an individual plan. You can purchase a 5-day trial for $1.
Writesonic makes it ridiculously easy to create SEO-optimized copy, from 1500-word blog posts and interactive stories to product descriptions, Google Ads copy, emails, and landing pages. Wiretsonic is especially good at creating short-form content — it can even generate growth ideas for your startup.
Let’s look at how to work with Writesonic:
- Describe your topic and the keywords you’re targeting.
- Choose one of the 25+ languages Writesonic supports.
- Hit “Generate” and watch the AI at work.
- Edit the generated piece of content in an intuitive Google Docs-style editor.
- Publish the end result using the CRM of your choice.
But that’s not all. Writesonic has an impressive set of features beyond regular copy generation — it can rephrase and expand existing texts, summarize wordy articles, generate blog titles, and more. On top of that, Writesonic offers a bunch of free AI tools, namely a chat assistant, a plagiarism checker, an image generator, a product name generator, and a CTA generator.
Writesonic is a bit more generous than Copy.ai or Jasper AI — it allows you to generate 10,000 words for free. It also offers highly flexible pricing plans starting at $19 a month.
Rytr is a multi-purpose writing tool that uses artificial intelligence to help users generate various types of content, such as articles, blog posts, video descriptions, social media posts, subject lines, or even interview questions — anything you can think of.
All you need to do is choose your preferred language, style, and topic. Then, click “Ryte for me” and relax. Ryte will generate a few versions for you. You then pick the one you like and edit and format it to your liking without ever leaving Rytr.
The platform offers 40+ use cases and templates to choose from. It also supports 30+ languages and can adopt one of 20+ tones of voice, empowering you to create stellar content for international clients and brands. Rytr also exists as a Chrome extension, allowing you to do quick AI writing wherever you go.
Finally, Rytr has two more crucial tools up its sleeve. The first one is a built-in plagiarism checker, a must for every content creator. The second one is an AI image generator. It’s safe to say that Rytr and Jasper AI are in a neck-and-neck race.
You can generate 5 images and 10K characters per month on Rytr’s free plan. If you want more, the copywriting platform has unlimited enterprise plans starting at $9 a month.
Which Jasper AI alternative is the best?
So, Jasper AI and its famous Boss Mode have quite a few strong competitors. Each of these AI writing tools offers something unique, and they’re all quite powerful in terms of writing assistance. Here are our takeaways:
- ChatGPT is perfect for exploring AI capabilities without paying a cent.
- Copy.AI is a strong and affordable Jasper AI alternative, but it lacks image generation capabilities.
- Frase is a more niche version of ChatGPT for solo content marketers and marketing agencies — it provides fantastic writing assistance along with content optimization tools.
- Writesonic is almost an identical twin to Jasper AI, except it’s cheaper.
- Rytr is another attention-worthy Jasper AI alternative as it offers similar key features but feels less cluttered.
Because all of these tools generate brand-new copy, you won’t be penalized by search engines even if you use them extensively. To choose the best Jasper AI alternative, give each of these solutions a try — most of them won’t ask for your credit card during a trial period, and a typical starter plan won’t break the bank, either.
Personally, we prefer Frase and actively use it in our workflow because it just hits the spot — it’s fairly priced, intuitive, and feature-rich. Check out our full Frase review to see how potent this tool actually is!