In 2023, the market is flooded with an overwhelming number of workspace management software, tools, and platforms. The sheer number of choices can be overwhelming, making choosing the right one for your business a daunting task.
This comprehensive guide is your ultimate resource for workspace management software selection. It offers an in-depth analysis of the top software available in the market in 2023, complete with detailed pros and cons, pricing structure, and use cases.
With this valuable resource, you can confidently select the software that best suits your specific needs.
Let’s dive in.
Table of contents
- Summary of the best workspace management software
- The best workspace management software
- How to choose the best workspace management software
- Cost of workspace management software
Summary of the best workspace management software
|– Advanced office analytics|
– Easy booking
– Hybrid work adoption insights
– Desk occupancy and space utilization tracking tools
– Free for up to 20 users and 20 resources
|Book a live demo or start for free today.|
(Best for small teams)
|– 2-click reservation system |
– Filtering options
– Scheduling tools
– Timeline view
|Start a 14-day free trial|
(Best for coworking)
|– Single sign-on (SSO)|
– Floor plan wayfinding
– Desk bookings and check-ins
– Seating charts and floor plans
|Request a demo today|
(Best for team planning)
|– Interactive floor plans|
– QR code booking
– Easy check-ins
– Access restrictions
|Start a 14-day free trial|
How we evaluated the software
We believe that great workspace management software can revolutionize the way your office operates.
So, to make this list, we drew from our industry knowledge and experience to find workspace management software that has all of the features and capabilities that businesses need to effectively manage their workspaces.
High-quality workspace management software should help you optimize your office space, reduce overhead costs, and minimize your office footprint. With accurate reporting and reliable features, you can not only streamline your operations but also save your employees time and improve their productivity.
That’s why we decided to conduct extensive research to identify the best software options available on the market in 2024. We carefully reviewed hundreds of software options available, and narrowed down our selection to the top four, ensuring that each option met our selection criteria.
While researching and assessing software solutions to include on this list, we evaluated each tool based on the following criteria:
- Software features and functionality
- Ease of use
- Custom reporting and data analytics
- Availalbe integrations
- Value for money
To provide a more comprehensive evaluation, we also analyzed thousands of product review comments to gain insights into what users appreciate and what areas may require improvement.
Best workspace management software
To help you make an informed decision, here’s our list of the top four workspace management software available in 2024:
- OfficeRnD Hybrid — Best all-rounder for hybrid workspaces
- Roomzilla — Best cost-efficient option for small teams
- Nexudus — Best for co-working
- Deskbird — Best for team planning
1. OfficeRnD Hybrid
Best all-rounder for hybrid workspaces
OfficeRnD Hybrid is a workspace management and scheduling software system designed to help businesses optimize their resource management, enhance employee engagement and experience, and streamline office organization.
One of the key benefits of OfficeRnD Hybrid is its ability to help companies make informed decisions about how best to use their space.
With advanced data and analytics, businesses can gain insights into how their space is being utilized, identify areas for improvement, and make data-driven decisions to optimize their operations and ROI.
OfficeRnD Hybrid also seamlessly integrates with your existing technology stack, supporting organization coordination, productivity, and efficiency.
OfficeRnD Hybrid features
For offices looking to improve resource management, accommodate flexible work arrangements, and utilize their space, OfficeRnD Hybrid provides a comprehensive and well-rounded solution.
- Provides workplace data reports and analytics: OfficeRnD Hybrid offers up-to-date reports on how your office space is being utilized, employee engagement, as well as how well your hybrid work policies are being followed by your team. These analytics can help you optimize your office space and ensure that you’re only paying for the space that you use.
- Integrated business intelligence (BI): OfficeRnD Hybrid provides charts, graphs, and reports based on their powerful BI system, that identifies trends in how your employees behave and interact with your workspace. These insights can help you make informed decisions to reduce costs, optimize your office footprint, and enhance employee engagement and experience.
- Easy desk booking, check-in, and check-out procedure: Provides a user-friendly booking process and automated check-in/check-out procedure. OfficeRnD Hybrid sends automatic reminders to employees before their booking and provides easy check-in options, such as QR codes. Bookings can also be automatically canceled after a customizable amount of time, reducing double-booking and saving time for both employees and employers.
- Resource management feature: Allows managers to create a reservation system for all office resources, such as printers, parking spots and video conference software. The software displays what is available in each room or area, allowing businesses to understand and track how their office space is being used as a whole, not just meeting rooms and desks.
OfficeRnD Hybrid integrations
OfficeRnD Hybrid also seamlessly integrates with a range of popular software solutions, providing businesses with the flexibility and convenience to connect their workspace management software with their current workflow system.
Some of these integrations include:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Teams
- Google Calendar
- Tally workspace
- QuickBooks Online
- Hubspot CRM
- MS Dynamics
- Papercut Hive
- Papercut MF
- Iron Wifi
- Cisco Meraki
OfficeRnD Hybrid reviews & ratings
OfficeRnD Hybrid has received many positive reviews, including a 4.7 star rating on Capterra. Users have praised the software for its ease of use, data and analytics reporting, workspace optimization tools, and excellent customer support.
OfficeRnD Hybrid pros and cons
- Recurring bookings feature: Allows users to schedule and book recurring meetings or events easily, saving time and effort and allowing you to plan in advance for upcoming meetings, conferences, or collaboration sessions.
- Customized floor-plan: Includes interactive office maps that are customizable, enabling employees to visualize the office space, and see where resources are located and what resources are in or around each space, before making a booking.
- Presence tracking: Enables managers to monitor employees’ attendance, track their presence in the office, set hybrid work schedules, and receive personal data reports on their interactions with different spaces.
- Advanced office analytics: Provides managers with valuable insights into how office space is being used by employees, what resources are most or least popular, as well as improvement that can be made through detailed pie charts, graphs, and charts that highlight key trends and data.
- Accurate data reports: Generates accurate data reports based on real-time data that can be filtered to see information from specific time periods, such as ‘30 day view’ so you can track progress over time and identify recurring trends in office behavior.
- No waitlist available: Currently, OfficeRnD Hybrid doesn’t offer a waitlist feature. However, they do an automatic notification through their mobile app, which lets employees know if a space has opened up.
OfficeRnD Hybrid pricing
OfficeRnD Hybrid offers a range of pricing plans to cater to the diverse needs of businesses. This pricing model allows you to choose a plan that aligns with your budget and requirements, as well as the size of your office, providing flexibility and cost-effectiveness.
OfficeRnD Hybird’s pricing packages include:
- Starter = $149/mo, up to 150 users
- Professional = $349/mo, up to 1000 users
- Enterprise = custom pricing, unlimited users
With the option to grow as you expand and add new users, OfficeRnD Hybrid provides a scalable solution that can handle large building spaces and teams, and easily adapt to the changing needs and requirements of your office.
Best cost-efficient option for small teams
Roomzilla is a workspace management tool that allows businesses to manage meeting room, desk, and resource booking efficiently. With its user-friendly interface and flexible payment options, Roomzilla is a great option for those looking to optimize their existing office space, reduce ‘space-waste’ and create a seamless reservation system.
- Resource traffic light system: Uses a color-coded system to indicate how busy a room is at any given time. This can help users to quickly identify which rooms are available, and which ones are likely to be booked up.
- Tablet and mobile app for on-the-go room reservations: Allows employees to reserve rooms directly from their tablet or mobile device. This can be convenient for users who’re on the go, or who don’t have access to a computer, but still want to make a booking.
- Timeline view and filtering options: Allows users to view a timeline of all upcoming room reservations. They can also filter the timeline by room type, date, or other criteria to quickly find the information they need and to make information decisions about their room reservation.
At the moment, Roomzilla is still limited in terms of its integration capabilities and operates mainly as a separate system from other external software solutions. While it does offer integrations with Google Workspace, it is only available in its Beta Version.
Roomzilla Reviews & Ratings
Although Roomzilla has only received 18 reviews on Capterra, it has a 4.6 rating score, with mostly positive reviews. Although some expressed their concern about the system’s limitation capacities when it comes to larger teams, users are generally happy with how the system functions and believe that it’s an effective solution for their office space management.
Roomzilla pros and cons
- Easy-to-use interface
- Little set up time when onboarding
- Versatile use for a range of different companies
- Fully customizable page layout and maps
- Ability to add an unlimited number of resource
- Only integrates with Google workspace
- Software gets overwhelmed with larger team and property size
Roomzilla offers a diverse range of payment options, so you can select a plan that you feel best reflects the features you need to manage your office space and hybrid employees.
- Up to 3 resources: Free
- Standard: $12 per resource
- Business: $20 per room, $12 per desk
- Up to 3 resources: Free
- Standard: $10 per resource
- Business: $17 per room, $10 per desk
Best for coworking
Nexudus is not just a space management software, it also helps coworking spaces and flexible offices automate their operations, manage resources, and strengthen relationships with remote and hybrid teams. With Nexudus, teams can use a collective discussion board to ensure that everyone stays on the same page, such as changes to work schedules or capacity.
- Floor plan way-finding: Allows teams to virtually ‘look around’ a workspace, by providing a true-to-scale map of your office space, including the location of desks, rooms, and other amenities.
- Seating spaces: Enables teams to easily connect resources from spaces on more than one floor. This can help to improve space utilization and make it easier for teams to find and collaborate on projects.
- ‘No-show’ booking management: Automatically cancels bookings for ‘no-shows’, to avoid meeting or booking overlaps, and ensures spaces remain free for booking in the software when not being used.
Nexudus offers a range of software integration solutions to improve efficiency and streamline operations, including access control, single sign-on systems (SSO), and reporting. These features enable businesses to integrate their existing software stack with Nexudus, and create a more seamless and efficient workflow.
Some of their integrations include:
- Google Calendar
- Outlook/Office 365
- Microsoft Teams
Nexudus reviews & ratings
Nexudus has a Capterra score of 3.7, with some users commenting that the reporting feature is not as easily accessible as they would like. However, it’s important to note that of the 6 reviewers who commented on the site, 5 left positive comments and remarked on how much value the software brings to their business.
Nexudus pros and cons
- Offers consultancy services for workspace utilization
- Good quality customer support
- Visitor registration and check-in
- Member’s directory
- Check-in and access control
- Steep learning curve
- More expensive than other software options
The pricing system for Nexudus is clear and straightforward, so you don’t need to carry about hidden clauses or payments. Both of the pricing packages include all of the core features, integrations, and special features that Nexudus offers.
The pricing packages include:
- Coworking professional = £125 per month/per location (for 0 active users)
- Coworking enterprise = customizable pricing if you have more than 500+ active users
The price of the ‘coworking professional’ package is determined by how many active users ‘per location’ will be using the software. For example, if your office has 201 active users, then the price will rise from £125 to £204.
Best for team planning
Deskbird is a workspace management software that integrates with existing systems like Outlook, Google Calendar and Persinio to keep your team’s workspace schedules in-sync and help flexible workplace arrangements operate as smoothly as possible.
- ‘Smart scheduling’ notifications: Sends employees notifications about upcoming bookings, changes to their schedule that might impact what spaces they need to book, and can learn the booking patterns of its users and make suggestions based on this information.
- Team timetable overview: Desk Bird’s team timetable overview features allows managers and colleagues to identify potential scheduling conflicts, and see which industry teams are using different workspaces the most.
- ‘Hybrid policy monitoring’: Helps you track and enforce your hybrid work policy. For example, businesses can use this feature to ensure that employees are coming into the office on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and booking appropriate workspaces that aid in their productivity and collaboration.
Deskbird integrates with many popular software, such as:
- Microsoft Teams
- Outlook calendar
- Google Calendar
Deskbird reviews & ratings
Deskbird has received overwhelmingly positive reviews, with a 5 star rating on Capterra and a 4.6 star review on G2. Although there are some users who’ve had issues with the software being ‘buggy’, the majority of reviewers highlight how the software is simple, but effective.
Deskbird pros and cons
- Easy ‘5-click’ week planning system
- Feature for finding and booking near your favorite colleagues
- Up-to-date analytics tool
- Search bar and filtering options
- Multi-day bookings
- Slower loading speeds
- Dependency on mobile for check-in process
Deskbird offers three pricing tiers, with different inclusions. The ‘starter’ package has all the basic inclusion, such as integrations, and workspace booking, but the ‘business’ upgrade allows you to receive office analytics and use interactive floor plans.
- Starter = £2.25 user/month
- Business = £4.75 user/month
- Enterprise = Customized on request
- Starter = £1.80 user/month
- Business = £3.80 user/month
- Enterprise = Customized on request
How to choose the right workplace management software
Here are some considerations to make when determining the most useful workspace management software for your business:
Automation is essential for streamlining operations, reducing manual tasks, saving time, and reducing errors. It can also help improve team productivity and collaboration and predict team and resource needs so that managers can make better scheduling decisions.
Look for software that includes features such as automatic reminders, check-ins, and cancellations.
For example, OfficeRnD Hybrid provides automatic reminders, presence tracking, and check-ins, making it easier for employees to book desks and use workspaces efficiently.
Workspace data and analytics
Finding software with real-time, actionable data reports and analytics is crucial when it comes to space management.
Look for software that can:
- Identify which workspaces are most popular
- Track employee movement and collaboration patterns
- Monitor workspace occupancy over time
- Identify potential workspace problems that lead to underutilization, such as overcrowding or noise levels
Your workspace management software should offer data and analytics features that help you understand how your workspace is being used and identify areas where costs can be saved or resources can be better utilized.
Ease of use
Even the best software in the world can’t help if your employees struggle to use it. Look for software with:
- a mobile app so employees can book a workspace from anywhere
- real-time occupancy updates
- resource-booking features, such as whiteboards or sound equipment
Ensure that the tool you choose has a user-friendly interface and a simple booking system to improve employee adoption, reduce onboarding time, and cut down on training costs.
Workspace management software that integrates with other business applications can help improve the flow of information between different technologies — without requiring employees to learn an entirely new system.
Look for software that integrates with:
- Online calendars, such as Google Calendar or Microsoft Teams
- Communication systems, such as Slack
- Door access tools, such as KISI or HID
For example, let’s say that a company uses a workspace management software that integrates with Google Calendar. This integration would allow employees to book workspaces directly from their calendars without having to switch to a different application.
Cost of workspace management software
The cost of workspace management software varies widely, ranging from $0 to $40 per user, per month.
It’s important to consider how many team members will be using the software, as well as how many may use it in the future and how this will impact your budget for workspace management software.
What does workspace management software do?
Workspace management software is designed to help businesses manage their workspaces more efficiently. It offers a wide range of features that help companies optimize their workspace utilization, reduce costs, and improve productivity.
Common features and capabilities of workspace management software include:
– desk bookings
– conference and meeting room bookings
– visitor management
– data visualization
– resource management
– hybrid workforce management
– office space utilization data
– workplace analytics
Businesses can use workspace management software to optimize their workspace utilization, reduce costs, and improve productivity. This software can be especially helpful for coworking spaces, shared offices, and other flexible workspaces that require a high degree of resource management.
What is the best workspace management platform?
For businesses looking for an all-in-one, hybrid workspace management platform, OfficeRnD Hybrid is the best all-around solution. With desk booking, resource management, and real-time reporting and analytics, it has all the features and tools you need to level-up your hybrid workspace.